Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Unreal Tournament 3 (High Detail)

All Things Considered...

Having read through my share of forums regarding the apparent low resolution models being utilized in UT3, I though I would give it a go with some of the more bristly creatures in the game.

UT3 utilizes an impressive light and detailed shadow scheme at full detail. I'll note that the characters are self shadowing which surprised me after I made the screen grabs. Theres allot going on in different parts of every map and having a variety of characters running about has not impacted my frame rates.

With that said, I will note that the game is a pretty faced paced game which in the end does not lend itself to gawking at the details less one doesn't want to lose their head.

Click on the images below



No comments: